Wednesday 29 July 2009

The best chocolate chip cookies in the world!


I made 40 good sized chocolate chip cookies on Monday afternoon, and in a day and a half they've all gone. Whenever I bake I find things don't last long, but I had hopes for this last batch, I should have known. I have a lot of recipes for chocolate chip cookies, but this one is, without doubt, the most popular one in our family! Drum roll, here's the recipe, I've tried to give all possible combinations of measurements:

7 oz/175g/1 cup butter
7oz/175g/1 firmly packed cup brown sugar
7oz/175g/1 cup granulated (or caster) sugar
2 eggs beaten
7oz/175g/2 cups quick oatmeal OR porridge oats
1 teaspoon vanilla
8.5 oz/210g/2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
0.75oz/20g/0.25 cup wheat germ OR wheat bran
6oz/150g/1 cup chocolate chips (dark chocolate is better than milk)

Take the butter out of the fridge to soften a bit before you start, it makes life easier! Preheat your oven to 180C or 350F. Cream the butter and all the sugar together. Add the eggs, oatmeal and vanilla and mix, I use the back of a fork to mix everything throughout this recipe. Add the flour, soda and salt and combine. Add the wheatgerm or bran, and chocolate chips and mix. Now make walnut sized balls of dough, press them flat so that you have small, thick discs. Either grease a baking tray or line it with Baking Parchment. I can fit between 9 and 12 on one sheet. Bake them for about 15 minutes, but start checking after 10 minutes.

Warning: Wait 'til they have cooled down before trying them, if you have one warm, you won't be able to stop yourself...




No comments:

Post a Comment