Sunday, 13 June 2010
The recipe for silent children...
The English strawberry season has started! The ones in our garden are still green, although Little Miss (otherwise known as the Strawberry Locust) announced that one was 'almost born!' today. I thought we should fill her up with shop bought ones quick, to make sure we get to taste at least one of our own this year! Little Man asked (very nicely) for chocolate cake tonight as well.
I couldn't disappoint either of them, could I? Silence reigned as the Little People feasted, so I thought I should pass on the recipe so that others could enjoy the silence too!
Banana Chocolate Brownies
300g light muscovado sugar
175g dark chocolate (broken up)
2 eggs, beaten
2 ripe bananas, mashed
100g self-raising flour
2tbsp cocoa powder
1tsp baking powder
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Centigrade.
1. butter and line a square tin or a swiss roll tin.
2. Stir the butter, sugar and chocolate in a saucepan until they are melted and the mixture is smooth
3. Switch off the heat and stir in the bananas and the eggs.
4. Now add the flour, cocoa and baking powder and stir in.
5. Pour the mixture into the tin and then into the oven for 30 minutes.
6. Allow to cool a bit then cut them into pieces and Enjoy!
Apparently they'll last up to a week in tightly wrapped tin foil, although I don't think they'll last that long in our house!