Friday 8 January 2010

Granny Squares in the snow...

We woke up to this on Wednesday morning:

Little Man's school was shut and the roads were impassable. So while the grown ups tried to get some work done from home, the Little People got more and more excited. Eventually I gave up and we went out for snow fun.

It wasn't any better on Thursday, but Little Man has gone back to school today, I'm dreading having to go and pick him up this afternoon. Little Miss and I will have to walk in...

With all this time trying to work from home and looking after Little People at the same time, my evenings have been spent finishing things off for work (great!). This means I'm falling behind with my latest project - Granny Squares!!!! Yes I have mastered the art (much thanks goes to Lucy at Attic 24 for this tutorial). I made a summer garden square and then added three more rounds. You just keep going in the same way as you do the last circle of Lucy's square. These are the results so far:

I love them!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I've just popped in as a 20minuter and wanted to tell you about my latest post about joining Granny Squares. You are welcome to come and have a look - though you may need to pull some of your work out .. eek... didn't mean to frighten you, but you will understand if you want to use my instructions.

    Anyways beautiful colours and fantastic work - welcome to the 20 minuters too

    ReplyDelete